Total Credits: 16 Category 1 Education
KCA 2022 Fall Convention - Friday, September 9, 2022 through Sunday, September 11, 2022. 16 Hours of Category I CE available.
KCA has secured a special conference room rate starting at $119 + tax/fees per night. Reservations must be made directly with the Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview, Wichita, KS 67202, either through this link: https://www.druryhotels.com/bookandstay/newreservation/?groupno=3757304 or by calling the hotel directly at 1-800-325-0720 and refer to your group number 3757304.
21st Century Approach to Musculoskeletal Conditions - The Gut-Joint Connection - Dr. Robert Silverman
Dr. Robert Silverman, Sunday, September 11, 2022, 8:00 am to Noon
|240 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Laboratory Diagnosis for the Chiropractic Office - Dr Grabowski (4.5 MB)||130 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Title: Laboratory Diagnostics for the Chiropractic Office
1. Skeletal Related Testing (1.5 hours)
a. Vitamin D3
c. C – terminal telopeptide of type I Collagen (CTX)
d. Deoxypyridinoline (DPD)
e. CRP and ESR
g. Bone – specific alkaline phosphatase (BAP)
2. Muscle Related Nutritional Laboratory Tests (1.5 hours)
b. Vitamin D3
e. Vitamin C
3. Case Studies (30 minutes)
4. Q and A (30 minutes)
Creating Rock Solid Records and Getting Paid the Right Way
In this riveting presentation, Dr. Evan Gwilliam, certified coder and auditor, and Clinical Director for PayDC EHR software, will show you how to give payers, state boards, attorneys, and anyone else who wants to know exactly what they need. Finally feel like you know how to create records and provide care that won't be denied or refuted. By the end you will be able to select the right diagnosis and procedure codes, create near-perfect SOAP notes, and discount appropriately.
How to apply ICD-10 guidelines in a chiropractic setting
How to document and code for the top CPT codes in a chiropractic setting
How to create compliant SOAP notes easily
Identify compliant types of discounts & figure out how to use a DMPO
• Master ICD-10 rules that can make your records better and learn the secrets of documenting and coding for the top diagnoses used by chiropractors (hour 1)
• Learn the ways of Evaluation and Management CPT coding and documentation, with changes for 2021 (hour 2)
• Discover how to create effective and compliant SOAP notes (hour 3)
• Make sure you are not violating anti-inducement laws and find out how to avoid a “dual fee schedule” (hour 4)
21st Century Approach to Musculoskeletal Conditions -- The Gut-Joint Connection
Robert G. Silverman, DC, DACBN, DCBCN, MS, CCN, CNS, CSCS, CIISN, CKTP, CES, HKC, FAKTR
The gut-joint connection is one of the most hotly debated topics in chiropractic today. Research surrounding these connections has experienced significant growth recently in incidence, assessment, and recovery.
In chiropractic care, we see many patients with joint disorders. Some of our most common musculoskeletal conditions have an autoimmune component to their etiology and may account for their relentless progression and difficulty in treatment. The role of dietary and gut-related pathogens as triggers or exacerbators of joint disorders has been defined. The gut-joint axis is real. Gut-related antigens from bacteria, oral pathogens, and food proteins can play a role in multiple joint disorders, including joint tissue inflammation, tissue autoimmunity, and tissue degeneration. Thus, the importance of intestinal barrier health cannot be emphasized enough. Gut barrier integrity testing, autoantibody assessments, identification of environmental triggers, and intestinal barrier healing and wellness protocols will be presented.
Join Dr. Silverman as he reviews the specific nutrients that can be used to modulate the expression of inflammation and share insight into the prophylactic use of nutrition to support joint integrity and maintain healthy motion. In this incisive 4-hour presentation, you will gain insight into a comprehensive methodology that incorporates proven protocols into a clinically valuable system—one you can apply to your practice immediately.
By the end of this presentation, the attendee should understand:
· Connect gut – immune system – joints for better management of chronic joint disorders
· Expertly assess intestinal barrier dysfunctions
· Identify key gut-related triggers of joint disorders
· Describe the overall role of gut dysbiosis and increased intestinal permeability in the pathogenesis of spinal disorders.
· Elucidate the importance of LPS endotoxin in the inflammatory process leading to arthritis and intervertebral disc degeneration.
· Integrate nutritional protocols for the microbiota-gut-spine connection.
· Identify key gut-related triggers of spinal disorders.
Please wait ...